Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Quick thoughts

Hey Everyone -- Carrie and I are currently cruising the coast of Ecuador, and are enjoying our stay at the Alandaluz Hosteria. Since our internet access (and time) is limited right now, I'm going to postpone the Peru post until later, but I wanted to get out some quick thoughts...

- Here's to the Cubs and the Red Sox advancing far into the playoffs! It feels a bit like 2003 again, doesn't it? Except both teams have almost entirely new rosters...

- I've usually been able to watch Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football here, and I must say, the Patriots look pretty solid. Since we didn't have TV last Monday, I couldn't see the latest win, but that San Diego game was phenomenal.

- To those who voted in the "which country will we get sick in first" poll... I got sick in Peru, while hiking the Inka Trail. It was not pleasant... more on that later in a future post. Our health right now is generally good, although my stomach is definitely working a little harder than normal to keep things together.

- To those getting email subscriptions -- I think the blog looks better if you actually click on the title link in the email, rather than reading the post out of email. Some pictures / movies may not show up if you just read the email.

We will likely be headed towards Quito this weekend -- at that point we can hopefully do a more thorough post covering Peru and Machu Picchu... Stay in touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's really cool