Saturday, September 1, 2007

¡We Made It!

We made it to Buenos Aires! The flight was fairly anticlimatic, except for the THREE times I spilled on myself, which is a little tramatic when you only have a limited amount of clothes (1 shorts, 1 skirt, 1 pants, 3 tanks, and 4 shirts). We keep having to remind ourselves to stop making to-do lists and step back and enjoy ourselves. We had steak sandwiches for lunch. Mine was a giant steak on a tiny hamburger bun and Dan´s included cheese, onion, and egg (I´ll add pictures later). We´re planning to have steak again for dinner (and maybe breakfast too). Then we´re off to Salta, which is in the mountains in the Northwest corner of Argentina. From there our plan is to go Bolivia, Peru (Machu Picchu on the 19th), Ecuador, coastal Peru (skipping the earthquake area), Chile, Argentina (costarring Joe Morrow), and finally Brazil.

Also, last week I sold the Saturn for $750! The guy bought it for his 17-year-old to use as her first car. Coincidentally, right as we finished making the deal in Dan´s driveway, we heard this huge crash. It turns out that a friend of the buyer´s daughter had seen us, got distracted, and crashed into a tree. The SUV was probably totalled, but the driver seemed okay. I think it was a good move for the Saturn buyer to get a car more suitable for wrapping around trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Que tengas buena suerte! That means something like "I hope you have good luck". Heya Carrie - It's Erica, the crazy tenor. I'm excited to read all about your trip. I hope to be making a similar move in 2009...a 6-month semi retirement in Mexico w/ my boys. Take care and may Montezmuma not have his revenge w/ you!